GET CARE WHEN YOU NEED IT FROM YOUR PONY EXPRESS EMERGENCY DENTIST
It’s not always easy to predict when dental emergencies will happen. Murphy’s Law leads us to believe that emergencies happen at inopportune times, most often on weekends or holidays. And sometimes this is true.
In most cases dental pain does not improve on its own. During the work week, we encourage our patients to call the Pony Express Dental office closest to them and we will make every attempt to see you ASAP, evaluate your situation, and come up with a plan of action. If there is adequate time, we may be able to take care of your emergency and solve your problem at your dental visit.
Should you experience severe pain, bleeding, swelling or a traumatic injury after hours, we will make every effort to see you as soon as possible (even on weekends and holidays).
We generally have an “on call” dentist available from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM every day. It’s what we do!
Common dental emergencies include:
- Knocked Out Tooth – If you have a knocked out tooth, the best thing you can do before you call us is to try and re-insert the tooth back into the socket. If the tooth cannot be re-inserted, place the tooth in a small container with milk, and bring it to our office immediately.
- Cracked or Chipped Tooth – If your tooth becomes cracked or chipped, call us at our office immediately to schedule an emergency appointment to get it restored. If the pain becomes difficult to bear, you can apply a cold compress to relieve some of your discomfort.
- Lost Dental Appliance – If you have a dental appliance and it is displaced, or lost, call us at our office. We will arrange an appointment to replace the dental appliance as soon as we can, and will give you further instruction in the meantime.
- Broken Jaw – After an accident, if you suspect that your jaw may be broken, you can relieve some of the pain by applying a cold compress to the area. Patients who believe they have a broken jaw should call us immediately at our office for emergency dental care.
- Toothache – If you are experiencing a toothache, it could indicate a more serious issue that requires root canal therapy. Call your dentist if the toothache becomes severe or chronic.
If you are experiencing a dental emergency in Daybreak or Eagle Mountain, UT, call us immediately. We will schedule a same-day appointment with your emergency dentist, and work with you to get you the help that you need.
Our emergency number is 385-955-1185.