Our smile is the first aspect that others notice and can tell a lot about our health. However, through the years, it is possible for it to start showing signs of our lifestyle and age. In this case, finding a long-lasting solution that can help you rediscover your smile and prevent future issues is paramount. Through restorative dentistry, your dentist will be able to find a solution for broken or damaged teeth, as well as other common oral health issues that might affect us in our life.
What is Restorative Dentistry?
Restorative dentistry is a term for a wide range of practices and treatments that aim to resolve common oral health issues. Depending on what you are experiencing, your dentist will recommend you to undergo one or more of the practices that fall under this field of dentistry, such as fillings, crowns, bridges, and dentures.
Undergoing restorative dentistry has many benefits, but it is also necessary to help you regain your beautiful smile and prevent future oral health issues.
Restorative Dentistry: Procedures and Options
The field of restorative dentistry is wide and includes several practices. Some of the restorative dentistry options you will have include:
- Veneers – Veneers are natural-looking shells that are attached to the external surface of the tooth, restoring its health
- Dentures – they are an effective solution for missing and damaged teeth. They are mobile and can be removed.
- Fillings – they are extremely common and performed to replace a decayed portion of a tooth. They can last several years and optimize the functionality of your mouth.
- Crowns – these are caps that are placed over a damaged or decayed tooth. They can restore your teeth’s functionality and gum line and offer you a natural look.
- Bridges – these are used if you are missing one or more teeth. They are composed of two crowns that support a middle false-tooth to replace your missing one.
- Implants – These are used to replace a missing tooth. A metal screw is inserted in the gum, and a crown is positioned above it.
- Extractions – if a tooth cannot be repaired, your dentist will recommend an extraction. Through this dental procedure, you can get rid of a damaged tooth and replace it with a healthy false tooth such as an implant or bridge.
The Benefits of Restorative Dentistry
Through restorative dentistry, you and your dentist can find the right solution to repair damaged teeth, replace missing ones, and look after the health of your mouth. Some of the benefits of undergoing these treatments include:
- It can help you restore the beauty of your smile.
- It allows you to restore the full functionality of your oral system, including chewing, speaking, eating, and biting.
- It allows you to reduce pain and discomfort.
- It can help you minimize the eventuality of bacteria accumulation, abscesses, inflammation, and infection.
- It allows you to safeguard your oral health for longer.
- It represents a long-lasting solution that can help you reduce the frequency of your visits to the dentist.
- By improving mouth functionality, it allows you to enjoy improved digestion.
Improving the health and look of your smile does not only help you limit discomfort. It can also increase your self-confidence and self-esteem and start living again to the fullest. Get in touch with Pony Express Dental in Eagle Mountain, Utah, today to start your journey.