The Various Benefits of Chewing Gum
Are you searching for alternative cleaning methods to help improve your smile? Are you aware that chewing sugarless gum is an effective oral health care treatment? The reason it works is because chewing gum can trigger a process in your mouth that increases saliva production, which helps neutralize acids and wash away harmful bacteria and food particles. Listed below are effective benefits of chewing sugarless gum to improve your oral health care:
– Even though sugarless gum can have some oral health benefits, by no means should it be used as a replacement for brushing and flossing altogether, as these two habits remain two of the most important oral hygiene routines you can use.
– Additional saliva flow that arises from chewing sugarless gum can aid in washing away harmful plaque buildup and other food particles.
– Try implementing oral health care products that feature the ADA Seal of Acceptance given by the American Dental Association. If you are not sure if a product is suitable or acceptable for your oral health care needs, consult with your dentist before use.
– If you have a jaw disorder such as a temporomandibular disorder, stay away from jaw-intensive treatments such as chewing gum until your jaw is healed.
– Studies have shown that sugarless gum can treat heartburn, which is the buildup of acids in your esophagus.
If you are interested in treatment for teeth and gums in need of aid, we are here to assist you. For a complete diagnosis and treatment, please contact [practice_name] to book an appointment with [doctor_name] and our team at our dentist office in [city], [state]. Call us at [phone]. Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!