Various Issues Associated With Dry Mouth
Are you familiar with an oral health condition known as dry mouth? Dry mouth simply occurs when your mouth is dry due to a lack of saliva. Saliva is important in the health of your teeth and gums, so it is important to always do your best to prevent dry mouth symptoms from arising. Several different reasons can lead to a prevalence of dry mouth. Itemized below is a list of information concerning dry mouth:
– Due to complications that can arise with your oral health care in regard to medications you are taking, it is important to be aware of any medications that produce dry mouth as a side effect.
– Several risks associated with dry mouth include increased risks for gum disease and dental erosion.
– Dry mouth leads to a downturn in saliva which is necessary for producing disease-fighting substances for your mouth to help wash away bacteria and neutralize harmful acids.
– Dry mouth can produce further side effects including cavities, difficulties breathing, and frequent sore throats.
– Frequent dry mouth occurrences can be associated with underlying conditions such as an autoimmune disease known as Sjogren’s Syndrome. This occurs when your body’s immune system can attack the glands in your body including those responsible for producing saliva
If you would like to schedule an appointment to discuss your possible treatments for eradicating dry mouth with [doctor_name] and our team at [practice_name], please call [phone] or stop by our dentist office in [city], [state].